We are looking for patients to join our patient participation group (PPG). If you are interested, please inform the reception team so we can contact you to make further arrangements.
What is a PPG? At its simplest, Patient Participation refers to patients taking an active interest in their health care. At present, most Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) operate within GP surgeries and health centres. Their priorities are developed and agreed locally in order to meet local needs and to reflect the interests and energies of the participants.
PPGs are good for patients because:
- Patients will be more responsible for their own health.
- Patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff.
- Patients will benefit from improved communications with staff.
- Patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns.
Good for practice staff because:
- GPs and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to increase their effectiveness.
- They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives.
- They will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients.
- They will get closer to the community for whom they care.
Good for the community because:
- Patients will have an organisation through which they can identify their own needs.
- Patients will be able to get an idea of what is needed to improve health care, and make sure that the patient view is always represented.
If you would like to know more about our PPG please contact Sharon Fox on 2362115 / 2500219 or by email email@example.com