Need an evening or weekend appointment? TyneHealth [North Tyneside’s GP Federation] provides patients registered in North Tyneside with the opportunity to book appointments in local Extended Access GP Hubs.
The appointments are provided by local doctors and nurses who work in North Tyneside GP practices and have full access to your medical record. Appointments are currently being offered at the following locations:
- Battle Hill Health Centre
- Collingwood Health Group, Hawkeys Lane, North Shields
- Northumberland Park, within Shiremoor Resource Centre
- Oxford Centre, Longbenton
- Priory Medical Group, Albion Road, North Shields and Tynemouth branches
- Woodlands Park Health Centre, Wideopen
You can make an appointment to see one of the following clinicians:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Who can sees minor injuries and ailments)
- Practice Nurse
- Healthcare Assistant
The Extended Access Hub operates:
- Monday to Friday 16:00 – 20:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 14:00
- Sunday 09:00 – 13:00
- Bank holidays 09:00 – 13:00
Appointments can be booked by contacting your own GP surgery or via the TyneHealth Extended Access Hub number 0191 486 2195 when your GP surgery is closed.
Please note that opening times and services offered at different venues will vary. Please also note that this is NOT a Walk In service and that appointment times and availability may vary. Patients will be given an appointment at the most convenient location for them.